Just like you, jewellery needs some tender loving care. Last Night I Dreamt has created a list of top tips of how you can love your jewels so it will look as lovely as the first day you purchased it.
- Skin and hair products can react with jewellery causing it to tarnish, discolour and possibly corrode. We strongly advise applying any cosmetics and scents at least twenty minutes before you put on your jewellery. Never spray perfume once your jewellery is on!
- Remove any jewellery before engaging in any form of physical exercise. Be it at the gym, gardening or cleaning, as this will ensure our delicate jewellery is not accidentally damaged. Perspiration can also contribute to the tarnishing of your jewellery.
- Chemicals found in swimming pools and natural springs will cause extreme tarnishing. Water will also contribute to tarnishing of your jewellery. Therefore always remove your jewellery before entering a pool, shower, spring or the sea.
- We recommend storing your jewellery in a zip lock bag as exposure to the air and environment can cause your jewellery to tarnish
over time. Zip lock bags are a cheap way to keep your jewellery looking newer for longer. Acid free tissue is also an excellent way to store your jewellery.
- Store your jewellery separately, so that they don’t tangle or rub and scratch against each other.
- We do not recommend sleeping in your jewellery.
- Rebecca’s top tip – remove jewellery before removing clothing! Last on, first off!! Live by that and your jewellery will live long after you!
- Do not store jewellery next to heating vents, windowsills or in the bathroom. Damp and hot condition will cause the jewellery to tarnish badly.
- To brighten up your silver pieces begin by cleaning your jewellery with warm soapy water and a soft toothbrush. We advise dipping . jewellery in a silver solution as a last resort. First try a silver cloth. For gold plated items, you can use warm soapy water and a soft toothbrush to remove any dirt however it will not bring back any shine of the original plating.
- We love gems and pearls at Last Night I Dreamt. Take extra care when cleaning jewellery with gemstones and pearls and if unsure, do ask your local jeweller or contact us for a chat about how best to look after your pieces.
- We offer specialist restringing of our Claudia Bradby pearls, alterations and a repair service at a cost of £40 per item
- Store your pearls in the pouch provided.
- Did you know that wearing your pearls is the best thing you can possibly do? Pearls dry out if they’re stored too long and improve when worn next to skin so any pearl jewellery will look better when worn more often. Take care not to moisten your pearls and never wear them in the bath or shower.
If you have any further questions or queries relating to the care of your jewellery, please get in touch.